MMAJacked

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MMAJacked

MMAJacked Mixed Martial Arts Forum

+3
duke
YYZ
The Jack
7 posters

Don King in MMA?!?

The Jack
    The Jack
    Admin

Don King in MMA?!? Empty Don King in MMA?!?

Post  The Jack Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:45 am

Apparently Don King has teamed up with some rich guy from Wall Street to create RHM Productions which is reportedly trying to work a deal with HBO. One of the reasons I'm such a fan of MMA is because Don King isn't involved. This is just upsetting news for me.
    YYZ
    YYZ

Don King in MMA?!? Empty Re: Don King in MMA?!?

Post  YYZ Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:09 am

My initial reaction was "Oh please God, no!" considering King's history and Wall Street's recent history. But after thinking about it, I say let him try. After years of him bilking fighters to line his own pockets, I think it would be fitting to watch him lose millions of dollars (if he himself is putting any money into it.) Either way, his investors will cut the cord long before he turns any profit.

I personally don't think his sticky fingers belong in MMA. But at the same time, I wouldn't mind being able to point and say HA! either.
    The Jack
    The Jack
    Admin

Post  The Jack Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:12 am

That's a great point! I hadn't thought of it that way. I'd agree too. It's about time karma kicked his butt! Let's hope his Wall Street money is Italian!
    duke

Post  duke Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:48 am

he's no smalltimer like gary shaw he could surpise a lot of people & get it right starting with paying more MONEY to fighter's mma payday's for top guy's are a joke compaired to boxing,& it's a crime what they pay starting guy's in mma pirat pirat
    Sven61
    Sven61

Don King in MMA?!? Empty Don King...

Post  Sven61 Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:05 pm

The only reason I would ever want to see that guy get his dirty meathooks involved in MMA would be to see him try to revive Tyson's career only to end up getting his ears bitten off...
    The Jack
    The Jack
    Admin

Post  The Jack Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:15 pm

LOL I'm with you!

Sven61 wrote:The only reason I would ever want to see that guy get his dirty meathooks involved in MMA would be to see him try to revive Tyson's career only to end up getting his ears bitten off...
    disk
    disk

Post  disk Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:03 am

I but this is were tito will end up Laughing
    The Jack
    The Jack
    Admin

Post  The Jack Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:30 am

disk wrote:I but this is were tito will end up Laughing

Tito who? Laughing
    Sven61
    Sven61

Post  Sven61 Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:57 pm

...and Kimbo Slice is going to become a pro boxer. The more things change, the more they stay the same!
    The Jack
    The Jack
    Admin

Post  The Jack Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Sven61 wrote:...and Kimbo Slice is going to become a pro boxer. The more things change, the more they stay the same!

Strikeforce bought Kimbo's contract. Scott Coker said in the press conference that he has plans for Kimbo to fight MMA in their organization.

Post  ******* Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:50 pm

The Jack wrote:
    Sven61 wrote:...and Kimbo Slice is going to become a pro boxer. The more things change, the more they stay the same!

Strikeforce bought Kimbo's contract. Scott Coker said in the press conference that he has plans for Kimbo to fight MMA in their organization.

With Kimbo only having a couple fights left on his contract , I respect that he is seeing and accepting his limits as a fighter and saying to himself, fans critics ect. that MMA is just not the fight genre for him . Good for Kimbo I wish him luck with his new venture.
    Sven61
    Sven61

Post  Sven61 Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:19 pm

You know what, Niecy?
    Whatever anyone says about KImbo, there's still something about him that I like...
    It would be kind of nice to see him knock out a couple of old boxers. Maybe he can fight Tim?

Post  ******* Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Sven61 wrote:You know what, Niecy?
    Whatever anyone says about KImbo, there's still something about him that I like...
    It would be kind of nice to see him knock out a couple of old boxers. Maybe he can fight Tim?

Absolutely your right Sven . Sometimes it can get to be a big ole fighter bash fest depending on what mood the thread poster/ fan is in. I also look with my own eyeballs . Love him or hate him Kimbo does have some fight skills or he wouldnt have been in the business period. Now maybe he doesnt feel he can expand on the MMA area of the fighting arena and its not his genre ect. but who knows ..I would like to see him concentrate on doing what hes always done best and just throw hands. I will definately watch Kimbo box.
    Danzilla

Don King in MMA?!? Empty Don King

Post  Danzilla Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:39 pm

No way will Don King succeed in MMA. He has almost destroyed Pro boxing by himself. That crazy Old @#$ can go down with the ship. king ion.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am