MMAJacked

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MMAJacked

MMAJacked Mixed Martial Arts Forum

3 posters

Are there NOW going to be "Real Martial Artists" in MMA after Machida's win?

Academy of MMA
    Academy of MMA

Are there NOW going to be "Real Martial Artists" in MMA after Machida's win? Empty Are there NOW going to be "Real Martial Artists" in MMA after Machida's win?

Post  Academy of MMA Sun May 31, 2009 9:07 pm

With Lyoto Machida winning the UFC Light Heavyweight championship is there now going to be an influx of what I call real martial artist in the "new" sport of MMA? That would be FANTASTIC in my opinion and I truly believe that this is the UFC President Dana White's “secret agenda” his influx of International MMA fighters is a dream come true, If He could generate interest in martial arts through a reality TV show and turn young wannabe fighters into tried and tested MMA champions I know that would create enough interest and revenue $$$ to provoke Asia's true martial artist to compete in the UFC one day where PRIDE failed. I for one have seen the talent in Asia and let my tell you all MMA Jacked Members “they are the real deal”, Lyoto is but one of the 1st of many “real martial artists” I expect to come out of the woodwork so to speak and come to America to fight in the UFC.
    I have seen fighters in Thailand for instance who could knock out any one of season 1, 2, 3 or 4 of TUF in the 1st round. They are able to win almost every one of the cage fighting events they compete in, even though they have NO ground skills or takedown defense. Just one leg strike alone from a "real" Lumpini Stadium Thai boxer would devastate any American grown MMA fighter and send them to the matt. I have seen a 58 tear old Buddhist Monk who could render a 300 lb Power lifter defenseless in seconds during a Kung Fu demonstration in NYC.I have seen there are many more cultures with devastating Martial art styles but we as Americans are limited to the limitations of American born teachers with limited knowledge and ability. We are all really just normal middle class American with lifestyles of comfort living the dream of being a true warrior. “Real warriors are not made from training they are born through culture”. I would imagine the next MMA Superstar to be someone like Chung Li or Ernesto Hoost I would love to see one of them try there luck at the UFC Title, if given a shot at the title.
    DamageInc1971

Are there NOW going to be "Real Martial Artists" in MMA after Machida's win? Empty Re: Are there NOW going to be "Real Martial Artists" in MMA after Machida's win?

Post  DamageInc1971 Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:55 am

Laughing
    What makes one a 'real martial artist' anyway? I am curious
    bugzy

Are there NOW going to be "Real Martial Artists" in MMA after Machida's win? Empty Re: Are there NOW going to be "Real Martial Artists" in MMA after Machida's win?

Post  bugzy Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:23 am

you have to have trained with pat morita and be able able to punch through inanimate objects.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:48 am